Against the Elemental Evil
The frontier town of Phandalin is built on the ruins of a much older settlement. Hundreds of years ago, the old Phandalin was a thriving human town whose people were firmly allied with the dwarves and gnomes of the Phandelver’s Pact. However, the same orc horde that sacked the mines at Wave Echo Cave laid waste to the settlement, and Phandalin was abandoned for centuries.
In the last three or four years, hardy settlers from the cities of Neverwinter and Waterdeep have begun the hard work of reclaiming the ruins of Phandalin. A bustling frontier settlement has grown up on the site of the old town, and is home now to farmers, woodcutters, fur traders, and prospectors drawn by stories of gold and platinum in the foothills of the Sword Mountains.
Unfortunately, more than a few bandits and brigands have settled in the area as well, taking advantage of the fact that hte area has no local lord or authority to chase them off. A gang known as the Redbrands has controlled Phandalin for the past two m onths, extorting and bullying everyone in town. The gang is led by a mysterious figure known to the townsfolk as Glasstaff.
- Stonehill Inn: A roadhouse and inn run by Toblen Stonehill.
- Barthen’s Provisions: The biggest trading post in town. It provides goods, but not weapons or armor. It’s run by Elmar Barthen
- Lionshield Coster: A trading post and outpost of a distant merchant company. Provides quality goods, including weapons and armor. Overseen by Linene Graywind
- Phandalin Miner’s Exchange: A trading post where miners have their finds weighed, measured, and paid out. A good place to meet people who range outside of Phandalin. Ruled by Halia THornton
- Alderleaf Farm: One of the largest farms in the area. The owner, Qeline Alderleaf, is friendly to adventurers.
- Shrine of Luck: Phandalin’s only temple, dedicated to Tymora. Overseen by Sister Garaele
- The Sleeping Giant: A seedy and dangerous water hole. Drunkenly run by Grista.
- Stormtide Smithy: A newly formed smithy run by Randal Buckman. Named in honor of his first son’s birth.
- Townmaster’s Hall: The local community hall and office for the currently elected townmaster. Currently (barely) housing Harbin Wester.
- Tresendar Manor: The remains of the local lord’s castle/manor.